Monday, February 2, 2009

Spit up and a lesson in parenting

I love watching Isabella with Alexander. She is such a good big sister, and a good example to me. After Isabella attempted to give me and Alexander a ride on her blankie, Alexander spit up on Isabella's arm. As I was cracking up, she quietly got up (with a look of disgust on her face), walked to the bathroom to get a towel and clean up herself. After she wiped off her arm, she brought the towel to Alexander, wiped him off, and said "You feel better, little boy?". What a good girl! She didn't get mad, or cry, she just handled herself and even cleaned up her little brother. What can I say, I was proud.



Almost done cleaning the spit up off of her arm.
Wiping off the little man.

Ronald got the Bumbo down from the attic, so Alexander get's to sit in from time to time. After the whole spit up episode, I put little bear into the bumbo, and Isabella went to get her baby and sit next to Alexander. She was showing him how to feed her baby a bottle. He was paying very close attention. One day, Isabella will be an excellant mother. I just love her so much.



Sometimes I cry when I see my children like this. It's so sad that they are growing up so fast, but so sweet how much they love each other. I love my children.

2 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

These are precious....and what a good mami you are...Isabella is just following the example she sees from YOU!

Sommer said...

ok that was so funny I could not stop laughing and I called Ben over to read it and look at the pictures. Oh how I love that sweet sweet little Isabella!