Thursday, August 27, 2009

The perfect chair

Did you ever sit in a box to read, or watch a movie when you were a kid? Maybe it was your race car, or your speed boat? How about a house out of a box? I used to love empty boxes. Once, my Uncle Bart cut out a door (that opened and closed.....so cool) and windows from a big refrigerator box. I remember standing on a chair in the kitchen, looking out of the window into the mud room, and watching him cut those great big pieces of cardboard. I was so excited for my new play house. Grant, Nathan and I all fit in it perfectly (well, it was a little snug). We played in that house for a long time. Then it disappeared. Boxes are GREAT!

1 comment:

Sommer said...

I totally agree! They sell stickers, like a door knob, curtains, door bell... stuff like that to put on boxes to make play houses out of.