I know it's been over 2 months now since I've really posted anything, but I just couldn't do it. The internet connection here has been KILLING ME! Dial up is so slow, so it would've been a huge waste of time for me to even attempt to blog. But now we have wireless (thank you promotion!), so I will be coming back to the blogging world. We have been very busy the past couple of months. Mostly we have been outside....gardening and cleaning up the back yard. I love living out in the country. It's such a blessing to have so much land to live and work on. Alexander and Isabella are both doing well and really growing. I have been making all of Alexander's baby food (which I did when Isabella was a baby, too), and he loves it. I though for sure at his 6 month check up that he'd be 20 lbs., but he wasn't, he was 19lbs, 3 oz.....close enough. He's a big boy. He can sit up on his own now, which is fun, and has just started rolling from his back to his stomach. Isabella's memory amazes me every day. She is such a smart little girl, and she's so observant. The other day we walked past a lady who was smoking.
I: Mami, that lady blows smoke outside.
C: That's right, she is. Blowing smoke is very yucky. It makes you sick and it hurts you.
I: No, Mami. It won't make me sick.
C: (stop and look at Isabella.....you know, the "this is serious" look) Yes it will Isabella. It will really hurt you and make you very VERY sick. We don't blow smoke, okay?
I: Okay, Mami.
My baby brother (who is 19....not quite a baby anymore) smokes, and he lives with us. Isabella sees him smoke frequently. The other day we were all outside and Tanner (Tio) came out to smoke.
I: TIO!!!!!!!!!!
T: ISABELLA!!!!!!!!!!
I: Tio, DON'T BLOW SMOKE! You get sick. Mami says don't blow smoke, k?
T: Okay. (Continues to smoke)
I: Tio, you's all done. Don't blow smoke anymore, k? Don't get sick. It will hurt you.
Tanner just looked at me. I think he was a little annoyed that a 2 1/2 year old was scolding him, but he looked proud, too. Like, "good job, sis." How do you teach a 2 1/2 year old about these kinds of things. Well, at least I got my point across to her.
Ronald built a really nice bench for our wooded section behind the house. I need to get a good picture of it, but take my word for it, it's nice.
Alexander eating Isbella's jacket during our picnic.

Papi and Isabella during the picnic. She was really into those pears.

Trying to take herself for a walk.....silly girl.

Me and the little bear. He doesn't fit in the snugli anymore, so sad.

We get to enjoy many delicious meals made by Isabella. She loves to cook for us.
3 comments:
I can't believe how big Alexander has gotten!
Caitlin, you are such a good mom! I love that Isabella is teaching Tanner not to smoke! What a fun little girl!
I'm sooooo happy your back, I've missed you! Those smoking stories are so adorble and cute! Good job Caitlin!
Post a Comment