Ronald's parents wanted to go to D.C., and since Ronald hasn't been yet, either, we thought we would take advantage of this and all go. We went down to Greenbelt and rode the Metro. Isabella was sooooooo excited about riding the train. She talked about it the whole day before we were leaving. The kids were both really good the whole time. Next time we go to D.C., I will do three things differently:
1. I will NOT go in the summer time.....it was too crowded.
2. I will NOT go 2 days before Independence Day......it was too crowded.
3. I will pack food and drinks. Everything is so dag gone expensive.
We went to the Museum of Natural History....Isabella was very excited to see the dinosaur bones. Then we went to the National Archives Building; what a beautiful spirit is there....if only everyone would be quiet. Then we walked to see the White House, the WWII pond, and the Lincoln Memorial. It was quite a day. I really wanted to see some art, that is my favorite part after all, but that will have to be saved for another day. Every time I go to D.C., and this is no exageration, it POURS RAIN!!!! I'm not complaining, I LOVE the rain, and I love to walk/play in the rain (as long as there is no lightening involved), but seriously, it POURED! Alexander was in heaven. He was laughing and so excited. Isabella was too tired to react in any way, she just sat in the stroller and looked at it come down. Normally, she wants to play in the rain. I'm glad my kids love the rain so much. It is a beautiful thing.
First time on the metro. This little girl was in HEAVEN!

Going through a "tunnel" on the metro. Alexander really liked the man sitting behind us.

Isabel and Hugo in front of the capital. This is a great picture of them.

Okay.....some of you might think this is lame, but I LOVE architecture, and I LOVE color, so for me, this is a beautiful picture. I loved looking at all the columns and scroll work, and I LOVE the blue and rust colors on the bottom of this flagpole. It is such a beauty.

Such a sleepy, but good little bear.

I love taking pictures of what's really going on at the time. Smiley, "posed" pictures are nice too, but they are not my favorite. I want to see how people really are, to capture them. I live for it.

I love this photo. This is how the three of them are together. Always laughing and smiling. (And trying to entertain the babies.)

All you need is love.

I love these next two photos. I want to make them real big, and put them somewhere, but I know I won't. Oh, to dream....


Hey, look, I was in D.C., too! Imagine that.

Okay, so the WWII pool is not a pool for wading in. It is a remembering pool. Unfortunately people either forgot how to read the "Do no wade" signs, or the forgot what it means to have reverence for something. If I was everyone's mother, they would've been in big trouble! Anywho....I decided to sit down and "remember" those who fought so bravely for us, to think how I could fight like them, too. Not to physically fight, but to battle the things that I go through everyday. Ronald and his folks took the kids and continued walking around the pool area. I just finished taking a family picture for a NY or NJ family (not sure which state they are from, but I could tell from their accent), and decided I would find my family. I'm looking, looking....what the? All I saw was a naked hiney. Isabella's naked hiney. Seriously, what is going on. I bet she just had an accident, that's got to be it. I walked over, and Ronald was taking her wet clothes off. "What happened?" "Isabella took her socks and shoes off, walked into the water, and slipped." Thank goodness my child can't read, or I would have been upset with her. See people, how important it is for us to be a good example, to show reverence for something that deserves it!? All because my punkin saw some others walking around in the water, she wanted to do it to, and now she is soaking wet, with her bum hanging out in public. Nice. Good thing I brought a spare change of clothes.


Sitting on the edge, after getting new clothes on. Oh, she wanted to get back in sooo bad.

Such a tired boy.

Trying to amuse the baby. I love the face Ronald's mother is making. Histerical!
No comments:
Post a Comment