Friday, July 24, 2009

The Wilson Family Reunion

Every three years, we have a Wilson Family Reunion. It's great, right down the street, and it's nice to see everyone. Last time we had a reunion, I was pregnant with Isabella. Now I have two kids. CRAZY! We only got pictures from the barn dance on Saturday, but it's one of the best things we do. I love being able to go to the farm my Daddy and Grandpop grew up on. Even though Mom-mom (Daddy's mom) sold the farm, it still remains in the family. (Grandpop's nephew bought it) It makes me kind of sad that some things on the farm have changed, but I still love driving by and seeing everything. It brings back great memories for me. I wonder what kind of memories it brings back for my Daddy.

mmmmm......food. And I love to eat.
Daddy with Alexander. I think my Daddy's so handsome.
Isabella giving hugs to a cousin. (Now we'll be in the store and she ask me if everyone she sees is our cousin. It's so funny. How do I explain to a 2 year old that we all have the same Heavenly Father, but we all aren't cousins. Confusing.)
Getting on the tractor outside of the barn. Isabella wanted to do it herself.
I love the way Ronald is looking at Isabella here. He loves that little girl.
haha...Earlier this day, we went to my mom's to watch the Old Time's Day Parade. I love it because there are so many tractors in it. From working farming tractors to little lawnmowers. (Yes, we are hill-billies) I told Isabella, "pretend you are in the parade. Remember, you should wave to everyone." Well, she LOVED that! She smiled and waved like crazy. Playing pretend is great.
The name tags were divided by names so we knew what "child" we were a decendent of. We are from "Sam".
A beautiful photo of how things really are.

I know, you all think...."seriously, why did you put this picture up here, it's just some legs, a tractor pedal, and pink glittery sandles." Because it's beautiful, that's why. I love beautiful captivating things. This picture captivates me.
Little farmer boy.

Sitting with Auntie Beebs.
Dancing with Auntie Beebs.
Just a decoration, again, a beautiful picture (at least to me.)
Square dancing in the barn. It was fun, but kind of difficult with children. Isabella asked me to dance, actually, she told me to dance, so we did.
The band. They were good.
More dancing.
Isabella with more cousins down by the pond.

No comments: