Monday, October 26, 2009

Alexander turns 1!

My little bear turned one year old two weeks ago. I can't believe how quickly his birthday came. I remember being pregnant with him. I remember all of the contractions I had with him during the hay right to the pumpkin patch at Brad's. I remember hearing, "It's a boy!" and thinking, holy cow, I have a SON! We'll that sweet baby is one, and I just can't believe it. We had a nice birthday dinner for him with family. I love my little choo-choo.

The cake I made for him. Megan, I know it doesn't compare to your cakes, but I was very pleased with it.
The vines around the side of the cake.
The family, minus me, and Uncle Jeffrey wasn't there yet, either. Daddy had to work.
Eating his birthday dinner. I made him plain and blueberry waffles. We also had fruit salad. This boy LOVES those things.
The birthday boy, not sure what is going on.
Playing his drums that Nanny got for him.
Sitting on the "crrrrruck" that Nanny got for him, too. It makes lots of noises and plays music.
My brother Grant and his girlfriend Jenny got him this HUGE dump truck. Grant was hoping that Alexander would climb into the bed of the truck. Here he is doing just that. Grant was very pleased.
Sitting in the dump truck and holding the boat that Grandpa got him.

This is the face he was making while we were singing "Happy Birthday". He was grinning the whole time. So cute!
Trying to put the candle out with his fingers.
We called for back-up. Isabella helped Alexander blow out his candle.
mmmmm.....cake

1 comment:

Megan and Jonny said...

You are so funny. I think it's an adorable cake, especially the vines around the side. I'm telling you--the trick to an awesome cake is all in the icing you use.

Looks like we need to get our little monsters together. Seth would be in HEAVEN with all those trucks. I can't believe they're one...next stop, nursery! Can you believe it? Slow down!