Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tired of boiling water

Our hot water heater has not produced ANY hot water (and I'm not exaggerating....there is NONE) for a little over a month now. I am really tired of boiling pots of water everytime I want to get clean. It takes me a good hour to get clean. I boil a big pot of water, dump that water in our canning pot, then fill up the now empty pot with more water and boil that. While the second pot is working on boiling, I fill up the canning pot with some more water (which is FREEZING) until the temperature is just right, and then sponge bathe. I use the second pot to wash my hair. This process is a pain, but I'm greatful we have running water and a stove to heat water on. My brother Nathan is here now trying to figure out how to get it to work (he's amazing....I love you Natey.), but he says he's not promising anything. The only problem is that it won't ignite to make hot water. The fan works, but the flame is OUT! Please pray for us that this problem will be solved. This mami needs a really hot bath right now. It has been a very yucky day!

4 comments:

Likely said...

I know it is a drive but you are welcome to come up here for a hot shower, bathe the kids, hang out and eat lunch! Make it a day at the spa -- ha ha. You are ALWAYS welcome!

And I hate hormones too.... my pregnancies made everything so much worse. I never had issues until I had children. It is awful. I don't like "not liking myself".

geri said...

I second Tiff, if you don't mind the drive you are welcome to treat yourself :) The kids can play in Hazel's tub. My fingers are crossed for you!

Likely said...

Also, I know you would be welcome at my in-laws, which is much closer for you. Can I call her and see if you can go over there ASAP????? You need a long hot shower!!! like now. I mean yesterday!

Caitlin said...

Thank you both so much! Someone is here right now who's worked with our kind of heater before, so fingers crossed! You guys are great.