Saturday, November 14, 2009

The best day EVER!!!

Today I went into the hospital for IV hydration....again. I should've gone last night, but Ronald needed to finish a paper for school so he could take it to the communication's lab this morning.

It feels so good to be hydrated. True, the process of it is not fun. The IV Therapist blew out one of my veins, which now hurts like CRAZY, and it's pretty boring laying in bed for hours waiting for your keytones to clear, but it feels so good to have fluids in my body again! I feel like a new woman.

After I was discharged, we went to Waffle House to eat dinner. Ronald humored me, since I thought I might be able to eat something there. He wanted Wendy's. I love Wendy's, but I didn't think I was ready for that yet. I ate two bowls of DELICIOUS grits and almost 5 pieces of bacon. It was YUMMMMMMMY!

We came home, put the kids to bed, and I lay in bed thinking of all of the things that I wanted to eat. Most of them will have to wait until after this whole sickness thing is over with. But it was so lovely to think and talk about food and not feel totally disgusting. The sad thing is that a lot of the things I want to eat are fatty and meat. Before I became pregnant, I was trying to cut as much meat out of our diets as possible. My body must need it. I will give my body what it wants for a little while.

Ronald is out right now getting me English Muffins at Redner's. I am SOOOO HAPPY!!!!! I kept saying that I wanted one with lots of butter (I love how it sits in the pockets.....yum) and some jelly on top. He finally gave in. He loves me. And I LOVE HIM! (And I will also love that English Muffin when it gets here.) You know what Ronald said to me when he left? You better not fall asleep or I will be upset!

Yup. This is a big sacrifice for him, and I love him for making it for me. Thanks, baby.

If I had gone to the hospital last night, I wouldn't have gotten grits and bacon, and Ronald wouldn't be at the store right now trying to fatten his tiny wife up.

It has been the best day EVER!!!!!

4 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

You are so cute! Good luck, enjoy eating!

Monson Family said...

You are so funny! I'm glad that you are feeling a little better today!

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, I just found out the wonderful news!!! Congratulations! It is so so so hard, but so so so worth it! Sending happy thoughts your way!

Megan and Jonny said...

Hi Caitlin~ I've just been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing! We sure miss seeing you on Sundays...