Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Love is in the air

Oh. I feel so much love from so many bodies. I thank you all so much for loving me and my family. I'm greatful for prayers. I'm greatful for all of the Valentine's I've received. I'm greatful for the emails and comments that are encouraging and compassionate. I'm greatful for the phone calls and the visits. You have all helped me so much.

Thank you.

Yesterday afternoon my friend Sommer came to visit before going to her mothers. I miss Sommer. Since we moved we haven't talked very much. I was so greatful to see her. I love this girl. I needed her hug and to smell her hair (it always smells so good....I know, I'm weird). She told me that my ward was going to sponser a blood drive in my honor and host it at the Winter's Run meeting house (my old ward). I cried hard. I cannot type all of this without crying. What a BEAUTIFUL GIFT. I am so greatful for the people who willingly donated their blood and SAVED MY LIFE. I'm thankful that my ward wants to say thank you to those people by donating more blood. I want to be there that day, in April, to hug each and every person that comes in to save someone else. I wish I could hug the people that saved me. What an act of love, donating blood and organs to save people you don't know. It is (to me) the pure love of Christ. It is charity.

My sweet friend Tiffany also came yesterday to help with the kids and to visit. Dear friend, I'm sorry I was so tired and sore and that we didn't get to talk more. I can't wait until I am better and we can garden together and learn new talents together. Thank you for loving me so much. You are the sunshine salad on my plate. HAHA....that was cheesy. But seriously, I love you.

And to my dear husband.

Hi Baby. I'm so sorry that I put you through so much sorrow and pain. I'm so thankful to our Heavenly Father that we still have each other. I'm thankful that you have been so supportive of me. Thank you for letting me cry to you. For kissing me lots and lots. For holding me even when you are tired. I promise you I will try not to cause you stress any more. I love you so much. I hurt for you and wish I could erase everything from your memory. I will take good care of you forever. I promise.

With all of my eternal love,
Your baby

Tomorrow I get to see my sweet Felix. They are weaning him from the ventilator. I'm glad he's been doing a little better. One day he will be home. One day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Caitlin. Your Iowa family is all thinking of you, praying for you, and we can't wait for you to be able to hold that sweet blessing of yours. ((((HUGS))))

Likely said...

don't you fret your pretty little head. I loved just being there with you and I had soooo much fun with the kids (as I am sure you heard --- we were WAY too loud) I just am such a big kid myself.

And yes, we will do all kinds of things together forever! One day at a time, friend, one day at a time.

This was a sweet post. KAren PErry mentioned about the blood drive on Sunday -- I forgot to tell you! When she said it was in your honor I thought it was so fitting and just perfect.

I hope you can be there that day too!

Sommer said...

Thanks Caitlin, I sure love you! I still feel like a schmuck for telling you about the blood drive, I thought you already knew. You sure are loved by so many people because you are such an amazing beautiful woman.

melissa said...

Oh Caitlin I am so excited for Felix! So glad to hear that he is getting stronger and just one step closer to you holding your little angel. Your amazing! Keep smiling, be happy, things are looking up! I love you and hope your having a great day today!