Monday, February 8, 2010

Not the change I want

Today has been an uneventful day until 7:30pm. I went from having 1-2 contractions per hour to a painful contration every 5 mins. I am scared. This baby is just 26 weeks today. He's not even 2 lbs. yet, and according to the ultrasound they did today, he's 2 weeks smaller than he should be. Please please pray for us. Pray that my baby boy will live. Pray that I will continue to be strong, because right now I'm having a very very hard time.

I love you all. Thank you for your love, support, care, friendship, and prayers.

By the way, my new room number at Johns Hopkins is 410-502-4287. That is the direct line. I don't know how much longer I will be in here tonight, but that's our number for now. If you try to call after 10pm, call 410-955-5825. I'm in room 269.

Ronald is here with me now and is going to stay. The doctors said to not be surprised if the baby comes soon, since things are changing so drastically. I'm still not dialated anymore, but they want me to inform them of any changes I feel since they can't do a lot of mauel exams, since it could cause infection. I am comforted and greatful that he's here, and since his school is canceled tomorrow, we don't have to worry too much about him missing anything new.

Sigh. I can get through this. I have to.

4 comments:

Sheila and Mario said...

You are in our prayers Caitlin! What a scary time! I am amazed at your strength!

My best friend had three very high risk pregnancies. Her youngest (a boy) was born at 26 1/2 weeks and though it was worrisome for awhile, I am happy to say he is now 3 and doing very well. The Lord is with you and I know he is watching out for you and your son. Lots of Love!
Sheila and Mario

Sommer said...

Oh no Caitlin, oh my word I am so sorry all this is happening. I wish it wasn't 11 so I could call you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, you are stronger then you think.

Megan and Jonny said...

Caitlin, is there ANYTHING I can do? I can babysit, I can bring dinner to your kids or your husband, I can come entertain you, whatever you need. I am absolutely praying for you. Please, please, please let me help however I can.

leslie said...

maybe this snow is a little blessing in that it lets Ronald stay with you...oh Caitlin I hope and pray everything goes well for you guys!