Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Still critical

Felix is still in critical condition, but he has been doing a little better. I think it's the sunshine. As of today he's on 45% oxygen, which isn't good, but it's way better than 90%. He's off of the dopamine (blood pressure medicine), so they are going to give him some kind of a diuretic (they aren't sure which one yet) so he won't be so swollen. He looks like a fat baby, but he's not. He just has a lot of fluid retention under his skin. Even his little skull is swollen. His lungs still aren't great, but they've been able to decrease the pressure on the oscillator, which is also great.

So, even though he is still critical, he is definitely improving. I'm grateful. Miracles can happen.

I had my doctors appointment (5 weeks already!). I can lift up to 20 lbs now. At first I thought...."woo hoo! I can pick up my kids!", but I can't. Isabella's about 40 lbs., and Alexander is about 30lbs...well, at least I can go grocery shopping by myself and vacuum. In three more weeks I'll be able to hold my bigger babies. Three weeks. I hope it goes by fast. Both of my cervical sutures came out, which was gross, but I'm glad that I'm mostly healed. My stitches in my uterus still haven't dissolved. I'm down to 132lbs, I need to gain some weight. Maybe now that I can actually lift more than a gallon of milk at a time I will gain back some muscles. We shall see.

Today is a beautiful day, in more than one sense. Prayers are answered. Patience in hard.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

hang in there. happy to hear Felix is improving even though it feels so slow. Good news your body is healing on target. Most be so frustrating to not be able to lift your kids and do stuff around the house. but do rest, you need it!

Ingrid said...

i just stumbled across your blog ~ i'm sending lots and lots of good wishes your way, and lots of love for your family and your sweet boy! <3