Sunday, July 13, 2008

A feast of crabs

Nathan, Uncle Nathan, Tanner, Grandma Smith, and Grace. Uncle Nathan just cleaned up a huge pile of crab shells....we love our crabs.
haha....Grant tasting the chicken right off of the grill. He was not happy that I took this picture...hence the blurry hand swatting me away.
Isabella found the kitty's brush. She carried it around for quite some time.
Here is baby Kate. She is 5 months older than Isabella....and boy can she talk. She has so much personality, just like her parents.
Jenny, Mom and Grant eating crabs. Jenny (Grant's girlfriend who I just LOVE) made some really good deviled eggs and broccoli salad. Sometimes it's hard to eat other food when there are crabs around....but you gotta have something else to fill you up.

Friday evening we went to my mom's house to have crabs with our out of town relatives. Mom got a bushel of crabs, Grant made some chicken on the grill, and we all just chowed down. It's really nice to see our family from Florida (my mom's family....Aunt Mai Grace, Uncle Nathan, Aunt Jennifer, Baby Kate, and Grandma Smith). Last time I saw them was 3-5 years ago. We had a really nice time....but unfortunately, the crabs were really light, which was a bummer. But they were still good.

1 comment:

Sommer said...

Sounds yummy! I've still never had crabs! We definitly need to get together and eat some!