Sunday, July 13, 2008

Old Times Parade

Kate, me, and Isabella at the end of the day. The girls were so good. Kate and Isabella at the end of the parade. It was really humid, and we were all very sweaty.
Two sweet pretty girls.
Kate and Jenny.Isabella and Mami....she was a little afraid of the loud big rigs....some of their horn were really loud.

A few of the tractors that went by.



Uncle Grant and Kate looking for candy.

Checking out the parade, they just LOVED it.

Kate bringing candy back to our bag. She was so excited everytime they threw candy. She would say "I gotta get the candy."
Isabella picking up a piece of candy that she found.



Saturday Mom, Aunt Mai Grace, Uncle Nathan, Aunt Jennifer, Grandma Smith and Grace went to my cousin's wedding, so I had the priviledge of watching Kate and Isabella (of course). In the morning we went to my mom's house to watch the Old Times parade. It's pretty much just a bunch of tractors, fire engines, and big rigs rolling down the street and making a lot of noise. I've gone the past two years.....I love seeing all the tractors. (Plus mom literally has a front row view, it goes right in front of her house.) They always throw out lots of candy, which is fun. Grant and his girlfriend Jenny watched the parade and helped with the girls too. After the parade we ate and then Grant, Nathan, and I took the girls down to the pool. It was really nice, especially since it was so humid. Poor Isabella.....when she got out of the kiddie pool, she walked on the slippery part right around the pool, fell backwards, and slammed her head on the pavement. I felt SO BAD. I was right next to her. It happened so fast that I literally could even get my arm out to attempt to catch her until she had already hit her head. She cried and cried. She has a bump on the back of her head, and it bled a little bit, but thankfully she's okay. I'm just glad she didn't have to get stitches again.

1 comment:

Sommer said...

Man those things happen so fast, there sometimes is no way to prevent it, poor little Isabella! I loved the pictures, that sounds like so much fun!