I had been praying for quite some time that I would get to hold my son. I felt like I was never going to be able to hold him. Every day seems like a week when you have a baby in the NICU. I was having a hard time being patient. BUT, Heavenly Father answered my prayer and let me hold my sweet tiny son for 15 minutes! It seemed like 2, but I was so glad to hold him.
When they placed him in my arms, it didn't really feel like he was there. He was so small! I didn't know if I was allowed to kiss him or not (silly, huh?), so I asked and they said kiss away! I have never been afraid of kissing my babies, but I was afraid of kissing him. I had just been sick with a nasty stomach bug a few days prior, and I didn't want him to get sick. I was also afraid that I would suffocate him or something, since he is so small. But once I got those first few kisses out, I let him have it. And guess what, he liked it. Sweet boy. I can't wait to kiss him some more.
Mom changed Gabe's diaper because I was too weak to do it. (Mom calls Felix "Gabe". She didn't like the name Felix, even though now she says it's growing on her. But she will always call him "Gabe" because he's her angel baby.)
4 comments:
Yeah Caitlin! I am so happy for you!!!! What a sweet baby and such a special moment for you! COngratulations!
I'm so happy for you! You look SO happy in these pictures! You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh Caitlin!!! I am so happy ypu finally got to hold him!!! YAY!!!!! Keep doing well, you are in everyones prayers and thoughts.
I am so glad you got to hold him!!
Post a Comment